for me, handwriting recognition is an essential part of the
newton experience. i've tried using graffiti, first on my OMP
and later on a pilot, and it just doesn't compete with the mp2k
so i'd like to have hwr on the GNUton. i've trawled the net,
and here's the results of my investigations so far:
- seems ok, but there's no source code?
CMU/Univerity of Karlsruhe
- the goals here look good ...
- Nijmegen University
- Nottingham Trent Uni
- these guys don't appear to have done much recently, and their
papers from 1997 aren't available online.
they do run a mailing list though -- SCRIB-L
- a Unix API for hwr, with a simple (?) mechanism implemented as
a demonstration. i'll be playing with this shortly.
- University of Maryland
- seems to be mostly OCR-related
$Id: hwr.html,v 220.127.116.11 1999/07/04 04:15:53 arnold Exp $